Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tous Les Jours' Macaron de Paris


Yesterday, I was feeling a bit down. Usually when I have those days, sweets are my best friends, just like how women usually turn to chocolate. Sweet treats are my picker-upper. :)

from Tous Les Jours Philippines facebook page

So when I saw this, I instantly had a craving for french macarons. And when I crave for something, I simply must have it. MUST!!!

I love me my french macarons! I even took a french macaron workshop so I could make them myself. Before, there were select stores that sold these sweet meringue-based confectioneries. You had to go to some place like Bizu or a french patisserie for your macaron fix, but now they're everywhere. From Sofitel to Empire at Mercato, even French Baker sells them now.

Anyhoo, good thing Le Boyfie lives near SM North, and I got my french macarons! Yaaay! :D


TLJ has really good packaging, cute and simple.
With excitement I opened my tray of colorful treats, untying the little ribbon. I chose the mango flavored one first.




Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed, I kind of expected more. Their macarons were so-so. The mango had, well the mango flavor, but it didn't have that texture I was looking for. The vanilla and strawberry lacked flavor, I could not taste the vanilla nor the strawberry, it tasted like plain almond powder and sugar. Both were chewy on the inside and had that certain crisp on the outside, which I liked.

They were okay, just okay, my french macarons were way better haha. I hope they could improve the flavors a bit. I know, tough times, I just don't like how they compromise the quality so they can sell it at a lower price. But for 28 pesos a pop, they really are okay. I liked their bread though, but that's for another post.


I'd love to try their cakes. They look amazing and delicious.



Try them for yourself. TLJ is having a 5+1 launching promo.
Available in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mango and green tea. 28php/each


Alabang Town Center
SM North
SM Southmall


XXXOOO,
Les. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment