Monday, August 27, 2012

An Early Christmas In August

August is ending and we're welcoming the 'BER' months again, next thing you know, people are starting to put up their Christmas decors. And during the holidays, don't you just love the feeling of opening those presents. I know, I know, there's the "give love on Christmas day" non-material thing that is the most important part of it all, okay. lol so yeah, but let's go back to that feeling of opening prezzies, the excitement you feel when you're about to find out what goodies lies inside. It doesn't matter if you get a pair of socks or some hideous sweater, or maybe even a gift you know you're just going to re-gift. What I'm talking about is the opening part, and at least you got something. Of course, there's nothing like that feeling of getting what you wanted.

Well, it certainly felt like Christmas in August during the long weekend we had. The package I've been waiting for finally arrived. I knew about most of the stuff that was going to be inside, the stuff I've been wishing and waiting for. Those things were enough to make me feel ecstatic, but there was so much more inside.

 HANDLE WITH CARE

Let me tell you, I was so stressed out while waiting for the box to arrive. What if the stuff got damaged while in transit, what if the stuff for my sweets melted, what if the mixer was broken. A package from the US via LBC (via sea) usually takes about, give and take 45 days before it gets delivered. 2 days to be picked up and sorted for travel, almost a month in transit at sea, then on it's arrival, it goes to the customs and sorted again at their main warehouse for delivery, about 2-3 days.

I really thought the stress was over when it arrived in the Philippines, all we had to do was wait for it, but I was so wrong. I must admit though, I'm not really a patient person, so impatience + excitement was not a good mix. Long story short, there was a mix up. But I'm not saying it was LBC's fault, in fact, they have very helpful representatives on their hotlines and facebook page.

Finally, the boxes arrived...


We immediately went to Polla and Tita Gina's house. From Manila to Las Piñas, the traffic was such a downer, but not even traffic nor some fiesta could stop me from getting to the boxes. I could not wait, "I can no longer contain my excitement!" lol yes, I said that to my parents. We finally arrived, there they were, the box filled with my goodies. Of course, I had to take a picture, but I never thought that my dad was more excited than me, he wanted to open the box before everyone finished dinner.

The First Box

My eyes widened when my dad opened the first box and it was full of these little packets of fruity gummy goodness. My Tito Dennis was pure genius! He used all kinds of goodies to fill the box so it wouldn't wobble so much during travel.

Welch's Fruit Snacks, one of my favorite gummies.
The box was filled all the way through with these. Every extra corner or space had these.


The box with the Xbox that I wanted, a few accessories and games. It was filled with other things to, like the stuff my dad and other family members requested. 

The Second Box

Underneath this pile of chocolates and other odd things are the baking stuff. Lol don't mind the unmentionables, Tito also sent a few of his stuff for when he comes home during the holidays.

Not all fillers were goodies. There were fruit snacks, boxes of green tea, chocolates, candy, vitamins, Nesquik, then the random therapeutic stockings, flashlight, toothpaste, batteries.

Fondant/Gumpaste Tools & 101 Cookie Cutters

I do quite a lot of baking so these will go a long way. They sell those here but they're more expensive here.

Pop Tarts! :D

So after everything was divided and sorted, we went to the other house a few blocks away. It's my mum's side family home. We try to come home every weekend. Yes, my room is pink haha, too bad you won't be able to tell from the next photos.

The Unboxing of My Kitchen Aid



It's a 5 quart, tilt head, artisan mixer. I also got an extra mixing bowl. It might already be obvie that my favorite color is pink. I chose the light pink one over the Raspberry dark pink one. KitchenAid has a line of pink products to benefit the Susan G. Komen for the cure. Cook For The Cure is KitchenAid's way to support the fight against breast cancer. Check out their pink product line! And another yes, I plan on having a pink kitchen, complete with a SMEG pink fridge. :)




It has all the basic attachments, paddle, whisk, and dough hook.
Please be careful with unboxing, and check everything before you throw away the box and styro. A few people actually threw out some of their attachments cause they didn't see them attached on the styro packaging, specially the dough hook. Keep in mind that stuff usually bought from the States is a 110v, so check before you plug anything. I learned the hard way! :)) This is a 110 and you can't use an adaptor or extension.

Xbox 360 with Kinect

This is my new work out! Certainly beats going to the gym, and trust me, I've tried going to the gym for a few months with trainer and everything at Fitness First, the kinect makes me sweat and move more. Of course we also use this for fun, the kids and kids at heart in our family loves this!


This is getting long lol, don't worry, wrapping it up.
We were so excited to use it that we almost broke it. Let's just say it really made quite a few sparks at home, literally!

THANK YOU TITO DENNIS! Super thank you! For the goodies, for buying and sending these. And of course, my dad, who paid hahaha! THANK YOU, PA! :*
SOOO HAPPY!


I've been so busy that I have quite a few back logs. Most of the stuff going on was just stressful, I got sick too, then after I got better, I had a few baking projects. I have a few post, watch out for it.


LBC 
*take note of your tracking number. To check on the status of your package, you're better off talking with a representative, either on facebook or their hotline. They probably thought I was annoying. :p


XXXOOO,
   Les :)

No comments:

Post a Comment