Monday, August 6, 2012

Rain, Hair, Food and Polla

A day spent with my cousin, Polla, will always be interesting. With her, it will always involve food, laughter, and pure random silliness. But this post won't just be about this silly little piggy (I call her that for many reasons, later on you'll see why on my blog).

A rainy Saturday afternoon is one of those lazy days, where you just want to stay at home, get cozy in bed and watch movies. I know I do! At least that's what I planned to do, but I got myself yanked out of bed.

My Abductor. :p
May look innocent, but don't let that goofy face fool you.
Highly dangerous, can be seen in small corners and frozen yogurt or ice cream shops, lazy on most days, but will attack if given food or wants something.


My cousin, Polla, asked me to go with her to the salon where I usually get my hair done. It's been a long time since we've gone out, so it was nice to catch up.


Acqua Salon

This fabulous salon hidden in Trinoma's Mindanao Wing has been my hair go-to for years. Away from the busy part of the mall, it is tucked away near the 3rd floor Mindanao parking, behind the Nike store, along the line of other salons and personal grooming shops. Inside, the salon gives a modern and chic feel. I don't have pictures of the interior as it was a busy day at the salon.

I always recommend this salon to my friends and family. That's how good they are!



I'm telling you, they'll work wonders for you and your hair. They will really take good care of your hair, and it is after all, your crowning glory. They also offer other services like make up, eyebrow threading, hand and foot care, etc. Sorry, I seem to have lost the list of services picture. They offer all kinds of services for your hair, they aslo have individual services from those packages above.


This is Ms. Laila, she has been my hair stylist for 4 years now. A senior stylist at Acqua, a haircut from her is at Php 350.

Never, not even once did I get a bad haircut from her. She makes sure that the style would always suit me. And even when my hair grew, it would still look good. The treatments or services were also longer lasting and doesn't damage your hair.

My cousin getting a haircut from Ms. Laila.

Polla decided to get a haircut, keratin treatment, and eyebrow threading (Php 120). Oh I love this Keratin treatment! I had this done a week before her, it really brought back life and shine to my hair. You may have heard of it as the Brazilian blow out or permanent blow dry. I guess the name depends on the salon.


Because I knew how long this would be, roughly 2-3hours with the haircut, and we were kinda hungry but didn't want to spoil our appetite for dinner...


We passed by Mary Grace Cafe and got their Cassava Chips with Onion Dip (Php 112). We bought the Sola from Gourdo's. :)


With the dip they are so good! Crispy and tangy.


She was so hungry that she ate while they were doing her hair. Not even the haircut or the treatment stopped her. We were supposed to eat during the leave on period of the treatment. And to think that she ate before we left.

Kuya laughing at her PG-ness. (patay gutom)
Yesss, I love that fezz! :p

They put this medicine on your hair and leave it on for 45min. or more. It smells like vanilla and that wee-wee pad drops, the drops you use to potty train your dog, while le boyfie says that it smells like Sustagen (the milk drink) lol. Anyhoo, after the hair has soaked up the medicine, they blow dry the hair, and iron it, they don't rinse the hair hence the blow dry part. Your hair is going to look straight, like it was rebonded, but after you wash you hair, it will look natural and healthy. You can't wash your hair for at least 24hrs, okay.


So after, she got her eyebrows done.

Polla and Kuya Jeff. :)
He was so nice and friendly. He's also a styling assistant at Acqua.

I've noticed, most of the styling assistants there are men, and are actually quite good looking. Good looking guys, which are straight by the way, styling, blow drying, shampooing, threading eyebrows and sorts. Hmmm, interesting. :D *single ladies flee to the salon.



Dinner at Oki Oki.


We always order the Gyudon with egg. One of our favorites when eating at Japanese restaurants. Oki Oki has one of the best Gyudons I've ever tasted, flavorful and the beef strips were soft (good for my braces). We didn't order sushi or anything else, one bowl will make you more than full.


yogurt at Red Mango
Les- original + almond mochi + fruit pebbles
Polla- lemon swirl + cheesecake bites + Special K

And even though we were so full from dinner, there will always be room for dessert. Specially if it's yogurt or ice cream for Polla.

It was a good Saturday indeed. Happy Polline and Lean, happy tummies! :D

<3 from Les & Polla.
photo from Polla's instagram.


Acqua Salon

TriNoma
Level M2, Mindanao Wing, Trinoma
Edsa cor. North Ave.
Quezon City

Alabang
Second level, Westgate Center
Filinvest-Alabang




XXXOOO,
   Les :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi! How's your hair til now? How much did it cost?

    Btw, nice post and photos! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Edcel! Thank you for checking out my blog! :)

      My hair still looks pretty good and healthy too. The Keratin treatment or Brazilian blow dry (depends on the salon) will last from 4-6 months or even longer, depends on how you take care of it. I will recommend that you use the Keratin shampoo and conditioner, it will make it last longer. Though I will remind you that this will not give you super straight hair like when you get hair rebonding.

      As for the price, it depends on how long and thick your hair is. Ranges from 2,500php to 4,000php. For my hair, it was 3,500php. You can go to the salon and they will assess your hair. Check out Acqua Salon and look for Ms. Laila. :)

      Delete
  2. thank you for the info! can you recall what brand they use?

    ReplyDelete