Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Amazing Sulit and Maroon 5 Experience (Overexposed Tour Live in Manila)

Sorry for the brief hiatus guys, things have been kinda crazy. But I have a lot of of things in store to make up for my absence and this post will be more than enough to make up for it. What happened? Well,

I WON VIP TICKETS TO SEE MAROON 5! :)


Yesss, I did! I wasn't expecting to win, okay so maybe there was this small hope, like a little gut feeling that I was going to, I even joked to my mum and asked her to come with me when I claim my ticket, a day before they announced the winners.

I've loved Maroon 5 since my elementary days, more or less 8 years! Okay, that just made me feel old, but pretty much. You can't blame me, they're really good! There isn't a single bad Maroon 5 song, all their songs are great! All their concerts here in the Philippines are sold out every time. The Overexposed Tour here sold out months before the concert. I waited too long and the tickets were all gone, I love Maroon 5, but I wasn't going to spend 15,000php on Upper B tickets from those online extortionists. But I really wanted to go, it was their third time here, I missed the first two (with good reasons), and I wasn't going to forgive myself if I missed this one.

How I Won


I joined the "Sulit.com.ph x Maroon 5" promo. I tweeted and posted on facebook like crazy everyday for the duration of the contest! I even used my mum's and boyfriend's facebook. It's just great cause I love Sulit and Maroon 5! Whenever I need anything, specially those things that aren't usually found at the malls, I just go to Sulit and find what I need or just want hihi. "Hanap, Usap, Deal" and this time, I really got what I wanted and needed! I was really desperate to see Maroon 5. But who wouldn't want that opportunity? It's Maroon 5!

It was the day of announcing the winners, watched the Sulit pages like a hawk the entire day. They were already tweeting to people and I just lost hope by then, I was really bummed, like I just wanted to drown myself with ice cream. But then they posted a new tweet saying that the others were disqualified and that they were drawing out new winners. Next thing I knew, I got a DM from Sulit saying I was one of the possible winners. I sent the info they asked for right away and was told to wait for further announcements. I waited like a well behaved little girl, the suspense was killing me. Then this!


5 Sulitizens were given the chance to watch Maroon 5.
3 from facebook and 2 from Twitter,
Each winner will receive 2 Patron tickets.

And I was just asdfghjkl! Screaming and jumping around, oh man! It was really unexpected. It was as if I was high on red bull when I saw that tweet.

click to enlarge

We were told to claim the tickets a day before the concert. Monday came and we were off to the Sulit main office at Ortigas.


Their office was a cool looking pad. Me being extremely shy, I didn't get to take much photos of their office and felt like I was going to stutter when they were talking to me. But everyone there was just so nice!

I got my tickets, yay!
My mind was already blown when I won, but then they said we got upgraded to Patron VIP and my brain just turned to mush. :))


The Day of The Concert
Que the elevator music! Before the concert I had to go to the dentist to get my braces adjusted, haha it just felt like It killed a little bit of the momentum, but that appointment was just long overdue. After that small speed bump, we went straight away to the Smart Araneta Coliseum. The traffic was moving like molases, the roads near the venue were congested. I wanted to get there early so I wouldn't miss a single thing and I had to pass by the Sulit booth, but the traffic and the trouble with changing the clothes, I missed The Cab. :(

Anyway...
The Sulit Team
Hello! :)

It's not everybody, but they are just really one of the nicest and were so friendly. I passed by their booth, a short interview and had our picture taken at the photo booth, but I'm not gonna show you. :p

So I heard it was The Cab's last song and we just ran, we had to look for the right entrance, good thing they still had to do a sound check after the front act. I got to watch The Cab for like less than a minute.

Me and Le Boyfie.
hihi I curled my hair so when things get crazy, di masyadong halata na buhaghag. Girl Scout!


The shirt wouldn't fit me, Sorry! So I'm putting it on here na lang.

Loving my ripped jeans. :)


Full house at Araneta that night. Every row, aisle and seat filled! Even corners haha, more than 15,000 fans that night inside The Big Dome. There were even more people waiting at the ticket counters, waiting for a slight chance that they would release tickets. The people were like panicing when they released a few general admission tickets.


It was about 9:30, the lights dimmed and the crowd went wild. Their opening song was Payphone.

Overexposed Tour Setlist





OMG, OMG Adam! I was just smitten by him. One of the sexiest and most talented man alive! His voice, his moves, even his sort of rockstar stance was just the sexiest thing ever!




Don't get me wrong, I love the band as a whole! It's definitely their music and not just because the front man is hot. Adam is like a sexy cherry on top of a really good ice cream sundae.



James. :)

My only picture with the entire band in it.

Adam Levine (vocals), James Valentine (rhythm guitar),  Mickey Madded (bass), PJ Morton (keyboards), Matt Flynn (drummer).




It's funny cause I cried when they posted the winners on facebook and I really thought I lost, I cried like I was heart broken. But the winners that they announced was for the facebook winners. I cried for nothing. 



Matt was killing it!

It was kinda hard to get a photo of the other members, specially PJ and Matt. And it was just hard not to look at Adam. A few times, I didn't notice that I was already focused on his sexy arse, without even realizing! Haha it was unintentional okay. :))))





Full house with a sea of glow sticks. It looked so cool, like a bunch of colorful fireflies!

The ladies absolutely went wild when Adam called out to the ladies and serenaded the female audience with an acoustic version of She Will Be Loved.



 Adam during Wipe Your Eyes. Yes, the ladies got kilig! He is so adorable.
But it was still adorable < hot. 


As encore, their last song for the night was Moves Like Jagger with a Sexy Back snippet. But that's not just what the crowd got, there was a little Gangnam Style twist in the mix. The crowd loved it!
They took the stage one last time and took a bow together.

Here's a really good video by Magic Liwanag.
Check out his website and facebook for more photos. Check out his other works as well! Super galing! He's an in demand photographer, mainly concerts, but his photos are just wow.

It was beyond UH-MAZZZING! Just unbelievable, I really had the time of my life! I sang and hihi danced along to every single song! I really have to also give credit to the lighting director, those lights were awesome! It just made the concert cooler, I was in awe. Though Adam was kinda tired from his busy schedule, he was just amazing. They were all great!
I LOVE MAROON 5!



THANK YOU SO MUCH SULIT!
Thank you! One of the coolest things to ever happen to me, it was like a dream come true! Seeing them live and so up close was sureal. Thank you for this once in a lifetime experience, I will never forget this! Until now I still have a Maroon 5 hang over.
SULIT, The #1 Classified Ads Website.

Sulit.com.ph
hanap, usap, deal

Maroon 5 Overexposed World Tour Live in Manila
September 18, 2012
Smart Araneta Coliseum
Presented By:
and


P.S
I wanna thank my Mum! Thank you, Ma!
She Dropped me off and waited for me even though she wasn't feeling well. I love you, Ma! :D

XXXOOO,
   Les :)

No comments:

Post a Comment